Established in 1933, the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) is a membership organization of almost 20,000 housing and community development agencies and professionals throughout the United States whose mission is to create affordable housing and safe, viable communities that enhance the quality of life for all Americans, especially those of low- and moderate-income. NAHRO's membership administers more than 3 million housing units for 7.6 million people.
- More than 17,000 individual members and associates.
- More than 2,600 agency members (including housing authorities, CD departments, redevelopment agencies, affiliates, and complimentary memberships)
NAHRO members own or administer:
- More than 935,000 units of public housing (a vast majority of the nation's inventory)
- Nearly 1,700,000 units of tenant-based Section 8 housing
- More than 300,000 units of other assisted housing
- Nearly 100,000 LIHTC Units
In all, NAHRO's members provide housing for more than 7.9 million low-income people.
Our members bring more than $1.5 billion Community Development Block Grant and HOME funding to their communities.
NAHRO's CEO is Adrianne Todman.
Updated: July 28, 2017