HUD will hold a two-and-a-half day conference in the Washington, DC area to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Home Investment Partnerships (HOME) Program. The conference is scheduled for May 2-4, 2011.
As part of its ongoing preparations for the event, the Department invited several industry groups to a meeting at HUD headquarters this past Friday. NAHRO was in attendance.
During the meeting, industry groups were informed that HUD expects to launch its new HOME Technical Assistance website (www.hometa.info) later this week. Participating Jurisdictions (PJs) can learn more about and register for the conference through the new website.
As part of the 20th anniversary conference, HUD will present "Door Knocker Awards" to PJs "for exceptional programs and projects in key areas that are important to the future of the program." According to the Department, Door Knocker Award winners will:
- Be presented with an award at the conference, where they will have their picture taken with high-level HUD officials;
- Have the opportunity to make a presentation about their award-winning project to peers at the conference;
- Have a video produced about the award that will be played at the conference, shared with their Congressional Representatives, and posted on HUD.gov, YouTube and other media outlets;
- Be highlighted in local and national press releases and featured on HUD.gov and HOMETA.info.
Door Knocker Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Promoting Long-term Affordability
- Reaching Underserved Populations
- Building CHDO Capacity
- Producing Sustainable Housing
Applications will be accepted through February 24. To apply, visit www.hometa.info after the site has launched.