Emerging Leader Award
The Emerging Leaders are a self-identified, diverse group of professionals who are interested in advancement in the housing and community development field. Emerging Leaders gain knowledge and integrate themselves into the industry through mentors, trainings, and conferences. An Emerging Leader demonstrates leadership and is willing to contribute and share knowledge/ideas with others.
The Emerging Leader Award recognizes an individual who has been involved in NAHRO at the national, regional and/or chapter levels for at least five years and has distinguished him/herself as an Emerging Leader. Nominations must be submitted by someone other than the nominee. Award winners can only receive the award once. Please note: Nominees do not need to be a member of the Emerging Leaders Subcommittee. Deadline August 15, 2017. You must login in order to submit a nomination.
The review committee will base its recommendations on the following:
- That the nominee has a combined total of five years at the national, regional and/or chapter levels.
- The nominee's participation, if any, on a national board or committee, legislative network, conference sessions, roundtable discussions, programs/projects, advocacy efforts, is a NAHRO Associate, etc.
- The nominee's participation, if any, on a regional board or committee, legislative network, conference sessions, roundtable discussions, programs/projects, etc.
- The nominee's participation, if any, on a chapter board or committee, legislative network, conference sessions, roundtable discussions, programs/projects, etc.
- Activities the nominee has participated in, if any, at the local level within their agency or within the community.
When scoring the application, the review committee will keep in mind the following
- The nominees’ accomplishments that define him/her as an Emerging Leader.
- Any boards or committees the nominee participated on that assisted in his/her leadership development, whether they be NAHRO boards and committees or other like-minded organizations.
- Any training opportunities the nominee participated in to promote his/her growth or that of his/her peers. (Training attended or conducted for others.)
Maximum score: 25
Minimum score to be considered for the award: 18
2014 National Emerging Leader Award Recipient
Vice President - Housing Choice Vouchers
Houston (TX) Housing Authority
2013 National Emerging Leader Award Recipient
Chief Administrative Officer
Housing Authority of the City of Charlotte, NC
- Benefits and Services
- Join NAHRO
- Best Practices Database
- Awards for Agencies
- Awards for Individuals
- NAHRO Fellows Information
- Industry Jobs
- Educational Scholarships
- Agency/Organization NAHRO Associates List
- Associate Information Management Form
- Agency/Organization Information Management Form