Fair Housing (FAIRHOUSE) w/ Proficiency Test
Description: This two-day training program will focus on Fair Housing within the Assisted Housing Programs with a special emphasis on the Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher Programs. The program will begin with the basics of Fair Housing, but then will take you deep into the Fair Housing process, program specific requirements, best practices, resolutions of complaints, 504 standards and processing reasonable accommodation requests. It will provide the latest information on the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), the newest protected classes, Limited English Proficiency (LEP) and other federal provisions. The seminar will also include information on cases for Fair Housing violations, voluntary compliance agreements and special conditions that may be required by HUD or DOJ.
Who should attend:
- Executive Directors
- Deputy Executive Directors
- Supervisors of both Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher programs
- Property Managers
- Specialists of both Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher programs
- Understand the world of Fair Housing as it relates to assisted housing programs
- Implement processes and procedures to help agencies stay in compliance
- Identify and eliminate barriers to promote Fair Housing within the ever-changing regulatory environment
Schedule & Agenda:
Day 1: 8:00 am - 8:30 am - Check In Day 1: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm - Training Day 2: 8:30 am - 2:30 pm - Training Day 2: 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm - Proficiency Test
NAHRO Continuing Education Units (CEU's) Training Completion = 1.05 Proficiency Test = 0.20 Total = 1.25
Please visit our Training Calendar to register for the next available session.
For more information please contact the NAHRO Professional Development team at (877) 866-2476 or ProfessionalDevelopment@nahro.org