Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) w/ Proficiency Test
Description: Are you ready to truly make a difference? The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Program is a critical and exciting component to the future of the Housing Choice Voucher /Public Housing Programs. Through this course you will gain or refresh your knowledge of the elements needed to create a successful and innovative FSS program. While attending this interactive course you will discover how to be an effective and creative coordinator using best practice case management techniques, including dissecting regulations to insure proper reporting, collecting data, and creating a linkage from the Housing Choice Voucher program to Homeownership. Learn how to create dynamic partnerships within the community to maximize the resources for your participants. Attendees will learn how to form a non-profit organization, to assist with securing and enhancing future FSS funding. You will be inspired to make a difference in the lives of those families you serve! This course includes a proficiency test.
Who Should Attend:
Executive Directors, Senior/Key Management staff, Supervisors, FSS Coordinators or Managers, and individuals monitoring escrow accounts.
- Understand the importance of innovative and dynamic case management by identifying participants needs to create the Individual Training and Service Plan (ITSP).
- Organize an FSS program to meet current demands and best practices.
- Change the image of the Housing Choice Voucher and Public Housing through FSS to create positive community awareness through self-sufficiency.
- Learn how escrow credits are calculated
- Utilizing community resources to build a robust Program Coordinating Committee (PCC)
- Establish a non-profit organization to support the basic operations of the FSS program and create a platform to become self-sustaining.
- Engage in the development and operation of a Housing Choice Voucher Homeownership program including management, counseling, recruiting and financial readiness for participants.
Day 1: 8:00 am - 8:30 am - Check In Day 1: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm - Training Day 2: 8:30 am - 2:30 pm - Training Day 2: 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm - Proficiency Test
NAHRO Continuing Education Units (CEU's) Training Completion = 1.10 Proficiency Test = 0.20 Total = 1.3
Please visit our Training Calendar to register for the next available session.
For more information please contact the NAHRO Professional Development team at (877) 866-2476 or ProfessionalDevelopment@nahro.org
- About Us
- Trainings & Services
- Training Calendar
- Training Centers
- Meet Our Faculty
- Meet Our Staff
- Request a Training
- Certification Exams & Proficiency Tests
- NAHRO Certification™
- Administrative Access Only