Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) w/ Proficiency Test
Description: Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) is a critical element to the future of the Housing Choice Voucher Program. Gain or refresh your knowledge of the elements needed to create a successful FSS program through participating in a FSS laboratory. Here you will discover how to classify the dynamics of case management, including dissecting regulations to insure proper reporting, measuring the logic model and collecting data, and creating a linkage from Section 8 to Homeownership. Learn to generate a positive image through creative marketing and media usage. Find out how to create a support system, forming a non-profit organization, to assist with future FSS funding. Includes a proficiency exam.
Who Should Attend: Executive Directors, Senior/Key Management staff, Supervisors, and FSS Coordinators
- Understand the importance of case management by identifying new roles and responsibilities.
- Organize an FSS program to meet current demands and be prepared for positive evaluations.
- Use the logic model as a foundation to create the outcomes needed to occur in order to achieve long-term goals.
- Engage in the development and operation of a Section 8 Homeownership program including management, counseling, recruiting and financial issues.
- Change the image of Section 8 through FSS to create positive community awareness.
- Establish a non-profit organization to support the basic operations of the FSS program and create a platform to become self-sustaining.
Schedule & Agenda:
Day 1: 8:00 am - 8:30 am - Check In Day 1: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm - Training Day 2: 8:30 am - 2:30 pm - Training Day 2: 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm - Proficiency Test
NAHRO Continuing Education Units (CEU's) Training Completion = 1.10 Proficiency Test = 0.20 Total = 1.3
Please visit our Training Calendar to register for the next available session.
For more information please contact the NAHRO Professional Development team at (877) 866-2476 or ProfessionalDevelopment@nahro.org
- About Us
- Trainings & Services
- Training Calendar
- Training Centers
- Meet Our Faculty
- Meet Our Staff
- Request a Training
- Certification Exams & Proficiency Tests
- NAHRO Certification™
- Administrative Access Only