Preparing for HAP Termination (e-Learning)
Description: This session will focus exclusively on the concepts and methods used to best prepare for the termination of voucher benefits for a client. Attendees will identify steps to comply with regulations and agency policy regarding the preparation of the termination letter, file documentation, agreements, statements, witness accounts, and understanding such important topics as reasonable accommodation. This e-Learning will review the requirements for an informal hearing and preparation but, is not a training that provides instruction for hearing officers. Discussion will center upon best practices and idea sharing on methodology is encouraged. Legal advice and opinion will not be provided during the training.
- Learn the required elements, best practices and components of termination of housing assistance benefits specific to Housing Choice Vouchers;
- Identify the relevant federal requirements identified in 24 CFR 982 for the voucher program, termination notices, informal hearings and consideration of reasonable accommodation and fair housing;
- Determine the processes that your agency is required to set forth and the components that require the agency to establish standards and protocols
Schedule & Agenda: 1 Online Session (1:30 pm ET - 4 pm ET)
NAHRO Continuing Education Units (CEU's): Training Completion = 0.25
Please visit our Training Calendar to register for the next available session.
Important Notes for All Online Sessions:
Online Registration Only:
Only online registrations are accepted for NAHRO Professional Development's e-Learning seminars and e-Briefing sessions. Payment for online NAHRO Professional Development offerings must be made via credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and American Express) at the time of registration.
After registering, attendees will immediately receive important login information at the email address on file. It is the attendee's responsibility to confirm system requirements and test connections prior to the start of the session.
Registration for each online offering closes at 11:59pm ET the day before a session's scheduled start date. Registered attendees will be able to download a copy of the presentation and additional resources after the online session commences.
For more information regarding our registration & cancellation policy.
For more information please contact the NAHRO Professional Development team at (877) 866-2476 or ProfessionalDevelopment@nahro.org
- About Us
- Trainings & Services
- Training Calendar
- Training Centers
- Meet Our Faculty
- Meet Our Staff
- Request a Training
- Certification Exams & Proficiency Tests
- NAHRO Certification™
- Administrative Access Only