Journal of Housing and Community Development
Available as a NAHRO member benefit or as a subscription magazine, the bimonthly Journal of Housing and Community Development is the only periodical devoted exclusively to the affordable housing and community development (HCD) field. It features articles on all aspects of the industry, including legislation and advocacy, finance, international HCD initiatives, green building, maintenance and administration, as well as semi-regular columns from various industry leaders.
As of 2018, the Journal has gone online-only, and can be found at www.journalofhousing.org. Same thought-provoking HCD content, less dead trees!
Call for Articles
- 2017 Media Kit
- "Breaking the Cycle of Poverty: Public Housing as a Platform for Student Success"
- "Many Paths, One Destination - New Directions and Opportunities for Ending Homelessness: Part 1"
- 2016 Buyer's Guide
- "Building an Even Stronger Low-Income Housing Tax Credit"
- "Digital Inclusion" (July/Aug 2015)
- "Learning from Each Other: NAHRO's Partnership with the South African Housing Foundation"
- "Strategies for Housing Authorities and Other Lower-Income Housing Providers to Control Bedbugs"
- "President Obama Responds to NAHRO's HCD Questions" (Sept/Oct. 2012)
- "The Voices of Public Housing" (Mar/Apr 2012)
- "Growing the Economy by Using Community Development Programs Differently" (July/Aug 2012)