For more than 75 years, the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) has garnered an exceptional level of respect, authority, and influence, providing its members with the means to change mindsets, cityscapes, and lives ... fostering understanding and making a real difference in communities across the county. NAHRO has fought to secure needed housing and community development programs and has represented the concerns of its members effectively. Today, NAHRO continues to champion the needs of all people—to be adequately housed and for their right to live in decent neighborhoods in thriving cities and towns.
NAHRO membership unites you with more than 22,000 members—the largest and most effective network of housing and community development professionals.
NAHRO offers the following types of membership:
Under NAHRO’s dues structure, membership is available to organizations—housing authorities, public agencies, for-profits, and non-profits involved in assisted housing or community revitalization. If your organization is a member of NAHRO, it is entitled to designate individual Associates who will benefit from the connection to NAHRO and its products and services.
Several categories with different dues structures serve the variety of organizations involved.
Housing Authorities and others that manage, administer or own assisted housing units. Housing Authorities pay $1.25 per unit, with a minimum of $100 and a maximum of $16,000. All units are counted. Entitled to 6 associates plus 1 additional associate for each $200 in dues paid.
Public Agencies/Departments involved in affordable housing, community development, and redevelopment. These include community development departments, redevelopment agencies, state agencies, housing departments, city manager’s offices, federal departments, planning departments, etc. Public agencies pay by population, with those under 50,000 paying $210 (entitled to 7 associates) and those at 50,000 and above paying $630 (entitled to 9 associates). Those public agencies that also manage, administer or own assisted housing units pay the greater of the housing authority or the public agency rate.
- Affiliate Agencies For-profit companies and non-profit organizations concerned with housing and community development, including vendors of products and services of interest to the members; those providing professional services, i.e. architects, bankers, lawyers; and non-profit organizations. Dues vary by the type of organization.
- MANUFACTURERS AND SUPPLIERS COUNCIL -- Vendors, consultants and non-profits who are supplying products and services to NAHRO members and want to take advantage of special discounts on marketing opportunities, i.e. mailing labels, exhibits, JOHCD advertisements, JOHCD Buyers' Guide, etc. DUES $525; entitles company to 8 associates.
- FOR PROFIT COMPANIES -- Developers, architects, builders, consultants, etc. DUES $435; entitles company to 8 associates.
- NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS -- Housing sponsors, community action agencies, civic organizations, universities, etc. with no units under ownership or management. DUES $265; entitles company to 7 associates.
Associates of Organizational Members (Those connected to an organization eligible for membership such as staff, commissioners, etc.)
Allied Individuals (Those not connected to organizations eligible for membership)
- Benefits and Services
- Join NAHRO
- Solutions Database
- Awards for Agencies
- Awards for Individuals
- NAHRO Fellows Information
- Industry Jobs
- E-procurement / Transpire
- Educational Scholarships
- Agency/Organization NAHRO Associates List
- Associate Information Management Form
- Agency/Organization Information Management Form