Sunny Shaw, Candidate for Senior Vice President- 2017-2019
Sunny Shaw Contact Information
Housing Authority of the City of Pocatello
P.O. Box 4161
Pocatello, Id 83205
May Question - How do you plan to effect diversity in NAHRO?
June Question - What specific ideas do you have to increase our sphere of influence with our legislators?
July Question - Please tell us about some of the projects that you were involved in as lead in terms of advocacy.What would “you” personally improve in the NAHRO organization? Why?
August Question: What would “you” personally improve in the NAHRO organization? Why?
My vision statement for NAHRO is summed up in 3 words: People. Purpose. Passion.
- The PEOPLE we serve must always be on the forefront of our minds as we act with the greatest of integrity to not jeopardize the programs that are needed for their stability.
- We must work to insure that our agencies and organization are as rich with diversity, of every kind, as the PEOPLE we serve.
- With the graying of America we are also seeing the graying of NAHRO. We must prepare our future leaders and link them back to the PEOPLE being served by NAHRO.
- As NAHRO embarks on a Renaissance, we have a chance to review our PURPOSE and who we are as an organization. It is an opportunity for us to rebrand our organization. This should involve reviewing our constitution and committee structure to ensure viability, integrity and diversity.
- NAHRO has been steadfast in effective advocacy, and we must, with PURPOSE, grow and embolden our messages and voice nationally at the federal level. NAHRO must develop and strengthen industry partnerships to better meet the needs of all we serve.
- NAHRO has built an amazing educational system and we must continuously improve our professional development curriculum and give our faculty the tools needed to present the best product available. We must explain the PURPOSE of ethical education to those we serve.
- Identify ways that will strengthen the relationship between NAHRO and those agencies converting via RAD; while continuing to advocate for the remaining agencies that find the process ineffective and need new and different ideas to sustain and retain their PURPOSE and their portfolio.
- We must have an unwavering commitment. A PASSIONATE commitment can change the conversations around poverty, homelessness, and income inequality.
- NAHRO must take a PASSIONATE lead role as the emotional, honest, progressive and relentless voice for affordable housing and the impacts on citizens and poverty.
- NAHRO must serve you and your needs and I want to make absolutely certain that is a PASSIONATE focus of my tenure as your leader.
Executive Director, Allegheny Co HA (PA)
PAHRA Immediate Past President
Executive Director, Belding Housing Commission
Small Agency Task Force Chair
CEO, Rockford HA (IL)
NCRC NAHRO IRGE VP
Executive Director, Washington County CDA (MN)
Minnesota NAHRO President
Deputy Director, Winnebago County HA (IL)
Executive Director, Port Huron Housing Commission (MI)
Michigan NAHRO Sr. VP
NCRC NAHRO Member at Large
Deputy Executive Director, HA of the City of Santa Barbara (CA)
PSWRC NAHRO Sr. VP
Vice President of Assisted Housing, Housing Authority of the City of Austin (TX)
President & CEO, Housing Authority of the City of Austin (TX)
Strategic Planning Advisory Group Chair
Deputy CEO, Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County (MD)
Past Member Services Committee Chair
Deputy Director, Vancouver HA (WA)
PNRC-NAHRO Sr. VP
IRGE Committee Vice-chair
Executive Director, Hot Springs HA (AR)
CFO/Deputy Director, Housing Catalyst (CO)
Professional Development Committee Chair
Yankton Housing and Redevelopment Commission (SD)
Interim Executive Director, Sioux Falls Housing & Redevelopment Commission (SD)
Mountain Plains NAHRO Regional President
Executive Director, Livonia Housing Commissioner (MI)
NAHRO Past President
NCRC NAHRO Legislative Committee Chair
Idaho Chapter NAHRO
Eugene Jones, Jr
CEO, Chicago Housing Authority
Director of Property Management, Dakota Co. Community Development Agency (MN)
Executive Director, HA of the Co. of Stanislaus (CA)
Assistant HRA Manager, Metropolitan Council of the Twin Cities (MN)
NCRC NAHRO VP of Housing
Executive Director, HA of the County of Salt Lake (UT)
Executive Director, Yakima Housing Authority (WA)
PNRC NAHRO Immediate Past President
Assistant Director, Lincoln HA (NE)
Past Housing Committee Chair
Executive Director, New Albany HA (IN)
NCRC NAHRO Professional Development VP
Executive Director, Itasca County HRA (MN)
Deputy Director,Adams County HA (CO)
Executive Director, Housing Commission ofAnne Arundel County (MD)
NAHRO Housing America Task Force Chair
Executive Director, Bayonne HA (NJ)
Housing Committee Vice-Chair
Middle Atlantic Regional Council - NAHRO
Executive Director, Aurora Housing Authority (CO)
Mountain Plains NAHRO VP of Housing
Executive Director, Boulder Housing Partners (CO)
NAHRO Past President
Maryland Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (MAHRA)
Executive Director, Adams County HA (CO)
Legislative Network Chair
Section 8 Programs Manager, St Paul Public Housing Agency (MN)
Executive Director, Elkton HA (MD)
MAHRA Sr. VP
Middle Atlantic Regional Council - NAHRO
Pacific Northwest Regional Council - NAHRO
Executive Director, Baltimore Co. Housing Office (MD)
Maryland NAHRO President
Account Executive, Johnson Controls
NCRC NAHRO Vendor Representative
Manager MHCF, Washington State Housing Finance Commissioner (WA)
Executive Director, Jackson HRA (MN)
NCRC NAHRO Regional President
Senior Project Manager – Real Estate, Allegheny Co HA (PA)
Executive Director, Nampa HA (ID)
PNRC NAHRO Past President
Member Services Vice-chair
Commissioner, HA of the City of Pocatello (ID)
PNRC NAHRO VP of Commissioners
Executive Director, Albia Housing Authority (IA)
Iowa Past President& Board of Governors
President/CEO HOM, Inc
Board Chair, Dakota County CDA (MN)
Director or Housing & Community Development, City of Tucson (AZ)
Rental Programs Manager, Idaho Housing & Finance Association (ID)
Idaho NAHRO Chapter President
PNRC NAHRO VP of Member Services
Executive Director, Dedham HA (MA)
Commissioner, Douglas Co HA (NE)
Past Commissioners Committee Chair
Deputy Director, HA of Billings (MT)
Mountain Plains NAHRO Immediate Past President
Professional Development Committee Vice-chair
Executive Director Freeport Housing Authority (IL)
NCRC NAHRO Sr. VP
Director of Intergovernmental Relations, Seattle HA
Executive Director, Winnebago County HA (IL)
Illinois NAHRO Sr. VP
NCRC Member at Large