Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS) w/ Certification Exam
Description: Provides participants with the knowledge and skills needed to properly inspect Public Housing Agency (PHA) Program units. This interactive and comprehensive training, which discusses specifications of the Public Housing Assessment System (PHAS) and the inspector's roles and responsibilities, enhances participants' knowledge of and abilities to meet new challenges and procedures related to using Uniform Physical Condition Standards. Fulfills one of the requirements for the CSI-UPCS certification.
- Identify the work skills necessary for inspecting public housing sites and dwelling units;
- Facilitate an understanding of how proper inspection work skills can increase a housing agency's capacity to meet its mission to provide safe housing;
- Increase participants’ understanding of the interrelationship of PASS and PHAS;
- Provide a foundation for the changes in the system as it relates to Asset Management;
- Increase participants' familiarity with and understanding of UPCS procedures and inspection forms; and
- Provide participants with the knowledge and skills needed to evaluate their agency's current inspection operation, including the identification of strengths, weaknesses, and growth potential, and to identify goals and solve problems related to conducting UPCS inspections.
Housing inspectors, preventative maintenance inspectors, and new and seasoned inspectors will learn:
- What impact the UPCS has on an agency's overall PHAS score
- How to conduct an annual inspection
- The Inspector's roles and responsibilities
- Systems or methods to improve PASS scores
Schedule & Agenda:
Total: 3 Days Day 1: 8:00 am - 8:30 am - Check In Day 1: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm - Training Day 2: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm - Training Day 3: 8:30 am - 2:30 pm - Training Day 3: 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm - Certification Exam
NAHRO Continuing Education Units (CEU's) Training Completion = 1.75 Certification Exam = 0.20 Total = 1.95
Please visit our Training Calendar to register for the next available session.
For more information please contact the NAHRO Professional Development team at (877) 866-2476 or ProfessionalDevelopment@nahro.org