The National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) is the leading housing and community development advocate for the provision of adequate and affordable housing and strong, viable communities for all Americans—particularly those with low- and moderate-incomes. Our members administer HUD programs such as Public Housing, Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers, CDBG and HOME.
- More than 17,000 individual members and associates.
- More than 2,700 agency members (including housing authorities, CD departments, redevelopment agencies, affiliates, and complimentary memberships)
NAHRO members own or administer:
- More than 951,000 units of public housing (a vast majority of the nation's inventory)
- Nearly 1,600,000 units of tenant-based Section 8 housing
- More than 233,000 units of other assisted housing
In all, NAHRO's members provide housing for more than 7.9 million low-income people.
Our members bring more than $1.5 billion Community Development Block Grant and HOME funding to their communities.
NAHRO's CEO is Adrianne Todman.
Last edited: March 3, 2020
- Join NAHRO
- At a Glance
- Organizational Chart
- Staff Chart
- Regions and Chapters
- NAHRO Staff Listing - Alphabetical
- The Guide to NAHRO
- 2019 Legislative and Regulatory Agenda
- Looking to the Future - Vision 2031
- 2017-2019 NAHRO Report
- 2015-2017 NAHRO Report
- 2013-2015 NAHRO Report
- 2011-2013 NAHRO Report
- 2009-2011 NAHRO Report
- 2007-2009 NAHRO Report
- Board of Governors
- BECT Statement of Re-affirmation of Commitment to Ethical Conduct
- Code of Professional Conduct
- Membership Information
- Professional Development
- Publications & Resources
- Placing a Monitor Ad
- Diversity Statement
- Speaker Request Form