Executive Management & Leadership
Executive management and senior leadership positions in organizations can be extremely complex and challenging. Creating a balance between “the work” and “the people” is key to creating a productive and satisfying organizational culture.
Together we will explore the impacts of hiring, accountability, workplace culture, policies, training, continuous improvement, supervision, coaching, and leadership. Successful executives and managers recognize the need to consistently learn and grow to continually improve their organization’s results.
This course contains a capstone activity – a WorkPlan that you will work on throughout the training. Your WorkPlan will allow you to apply the concepts, principles, strategies, and theories you’ve have learned. Completion of the WorkPlan is a requirement to receive credit for the course.
This course is an excellent way to prepare for the Certified Management Executive (CME) assessment examination.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
· Understand the relationship and differences between supervising, managing, and leading, as well as identifying when each is most effective and necessary
· Discuss and apply a variety of models, tools, strategies, and techniques to enhance leadership skills and build leadership competencies
· Differentiate the roles of the Executive Director, senior management, and the Board when developing the agency’s mission, vision, values, strategic goals, and ethical norms
· Improve and create paradigms using a proven strategic planning model to significantly improve your organization’s ability to think strategically, meet its goals, and improve its operational systems and processes
Who Should Attend?
· Executive Directors and Chief Executive Officers
· Chair and Vice Chair of Board of Commissioners
· Deputy Executive Directors and Deputy Chief Executive Officers
· Chief Financial Officers
· Department and Division Directors
· Aspiring Managers, Supervisors and Directors wishing to Ascend in Leadership
· Leaders of Agencies, Organizations and Businesses
· Managers and Leaders of Non-Profits and Volunteer Groups