Housing Choice Voucher Occupancy, Eligibility, Income and Rent Calculation (HCVOEIR)
We’ve combined Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Occupancy and HCV Eligibility, Income, and Rent Calculation into one comprehensive program you don’t want to miss! This seminar will provide participants with an understanding of the vast regulatory guidance that has formed and shaped the Housing Choice Voucher program. It focuses on effective interviewing, waitlist management, screening, outreach, marketing, and accurate application of eligibility, income, and rent calculation regulatory compliance. The nuts and bolts of dealing with eligibility, income, and rent calculations will be mastered through engaging participants in skill development and practice. Most importantly, this class will equip participants with the necessary skills to reduce errors and avoid HUD findings in compliance audits.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
• Apply ethics principles to individual roles in the industry
• Determine eligibility and annual income for applicants and participant families
• Position families on the waiting list and admit qualified families
• Apply the tenant selection, reexamination, housing search process, portability, termination, and hearing process properly and in accordance to regulations and your agency’s Administrative Plan
• Verify eligibility, income, and rent information
• Conduct briefings and include required information in briefing packets
• Ensure staff carry out the required policies within the Administrative Plan
Who Should Attend?
· Front line staff
· Case managers
· Supervisors responsible for managing wait lists, applications, and certification/ recertification tasks