Section 3 & Labor Standards
Section 3 is a provision of the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Act of 1968 that promotes local economic development, neighborhood economic improvement, and individual self-sufficiency. The Section 3 program requires that recipients of certain HUD financial assistance, to the greatest extent possible, provide job training, employment, and contract opportunities for low- or very-low income residents in connection with projects and activities in their neighborhoods.
Who Should Attend
Executive Directors, Directors of Modernization, Maintenance, and Procurement
- Gain technical instruction for the development and implementation of a Section 3 program that complies with all Federal laws and requirements
- Develop an understanding of the Section 3 requirements associated with the use of Federal funds
- Receive direction for the development of a Section 3 action/implementation plan
- Review information on required record keeping, compliant processing, and resolution for labor standards and Section 3
- Discover methodologies to ensure contractor compliance
Schedule & Agenda
Day 1: 8:00 am – 8:30 am – Check In
Day 1: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm – Training
Day 2: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm – Training
NAHRO Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
Training Completion = 1.3
Please visit our Training Calendar to register for the next available session.