Section 3 & Labor Standards
This training covers two areas PHAs often struggle with. This training will focus on ensuring compliance with the Section 3 standards took effect November 2020, as well as compliance with complex Labor Standard regulations. Section 3 is a provision of the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Act of 1968 that promotes local economic development, neighborhood economic improvement, and individual self-sufficiency. The Section 3 program required recipients of certain HUD financial assistance to provide job training, employment, and contract opportunities for low or very-low-income residents. We will also review labor standards, including Davis-Bacon, prevailing wage, contract work hours, and other laws and regulations your PHA needs to comply with.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
· Recall the latest provisions of Section 3 standards and reporting
· Implement a Section 3 program that complies with all Federal laws and requirements
· Identify the Section 3 requirements associated with the use of Federal funds
· Develop a Section 3 action/implementation plan
· Review information on required record keeping, compliant processing, and resolution for labor standards and Section 3
· Operationalize methodologies to ensure contractor compliance
· Learn of the best practices of other agencies in the industry
Who should attend?
· Executive Directors
· Chief Executive Officers
· Chief Finance Officers
· Modernization and Construction Managers
· Procurement staff