Are you a housing professional charged with the implementation and enforcement of Department of Labor (DOL) and HUD labor standards on federally funded construction projects? This training is for you!
DOL and HUD have complex rules and regulations that apply to both routine maintenance repairs and major Capital Fund projects. This training is designed to provide the knowledge and skills necessary for Public Housing and Community Development employees to understand and accurately apply the labor standard requirements, meet HUD and DOL expectations, and properly enforce requirements.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the housing authority’s responsibilities in enforcing labor standards regulations
- Understand the facets of labor standards and prevailing wage enforcement requirements
- Develop a local procedure for their agency’s labor standards enforcement program
- Educate contractors about labor standards and ensure contractor compliance
- Apply strategies to effectively monitor compliance and address non-compliance issues
- Meet reporting requirements and ensure documents are accurately stored and retained