Preparing for the Lease Termination, Hearing, & Trial
Making the decision to terminate a lease is a big step. It is difficult and anxiety producing. It’s often the culmination of many hours of work with the resident, trying to help them maintain their housing assistance. So how and when should you make the decision to terminate the lease and evict? And how do you ensure that you’ll be successful?
Lease termination takes time, energy, and attention to detail, and will definitely have a negative impact on your resident. It’s critical that you’ve done what you can to educate residents and provide opportunities for them to successfully maintain their housing.
Participants will discover tried and true methods of problem solving, building relationships, and ensuring compliance with the lease. They will also focus on the regulations, strategies and methods to prepare for lease termination when it’s needed.
Leave this training with the skills and knowledge you need to document violations, build your case, create the termination letter, develop strong settlement agreements, and prepare for hearings and court.
Instructors will not provide legal advice to participants, but this training provides the opportunity for discussion on strategies and best practices.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
· Effectively document lease violations
· Work collaboratively with residents on lease compliance
· Create effective lease termination letters and settlement agreements
· Prepare for informal settlement discussions, hearings, and court
Who should attend?
· Property/Asset Managers
· Assistant property managers
· Eligibility Specialists and others interested in learning more about lease terminations or interested in promotion
· Property Management supervisors, managers and directors