Section 3 (e-Learning)
Section 3 is a provision of the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Act of 1968 that promotes local economic development, neighborhood economic improvement, and individual self-sufficiency. To the greatest extent possible, Section 3 requires that recipients of certain HUD financial assistance provide job training and employment opportunities to low- or -very low income residents in connection with projects and activities in their neighborhoods. Learning is interactive with exercises, discussion, and opportunities for participants to have their questions addressed.
- Understand Section 3 requirements associated with Federal funds;
- Learn about HUD’s focus on Section 3 and its current monitoring of the program;
- Acquire information about how to develop a plan for your agency, including the necessary record keeping and compliance processing;
- Learn methodologies to ensure contractor compliance;
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of HUD’s Act of 1968 and Section 3 Regulation and requirements;
- Discover HUD’s expectations and learn what to do to avoid a finding;
- Explore best practices in developing and maintaining the program;
- Increase confidence that your agency can meet HUD’s compliance requirements
Schedule & Agenda
1 Online Session (1:30 pm ET – 4 pm ET)
NAHRO Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
Training Completion = 0.25
Please visit our Training Calendar to register for the next available session.
Important Notes for All Online Sessions:
Online Registration Only
Only online registrations are accepted for NAHRO Professional Development’s e-Learning seminars and e-Briefing sessions. Payment for online NAHRO Professional Development offerings must be made via credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and American Express) at the time of registration.
After registering, attendees will immediately receive important login information at the email address on file. It is the attendee’s responsibility to confirm system requirements and test connections prior to the start of the session.
Registration for each online offering closes at 11:59pm ET the day before a session’s scheduled start date. Registered attendees will be able to download a copy of the presentation and additional resources after the online session commences.
For more information regarding our registration & cancellation policy.