The ABCs of Affordable Housing
From translating the alphabet soup of industry acronyms to explaining the differences between public housing, vouchers, and tax credits, this condensed interactive session will walk new Commissioners and staff through the basics of the key programs that housing agencies manage. Bring the questions you have always wanted to ask and leave this session with answers.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
· Recognize common housing programs and acronyms
· Identify basic information about Public Housing, Housing Choice Voucher, and Tax Credit Program
· Describe basic housing roles and responsibilities for housing staff, Executive Directors, and Commissioners
Who should attend?
· New staff to housing agencies
· New Housing Commissioners