This training focuses on Fair Housing laws and regulations for Assisted Housing Programs, with an emphasis on the Public Housing and Housing Vouchers.
Together we will explore the basics of Fair Housing and then take a deep dive into processes, program specific requirements, best practices, complaints and resolutions, ADA/504 standards, and reasonable accommodation requests, and how to process them.
We will review and discuss the impacts of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), the newest protected classes, Limited English Proficiency (LEP), and other federal provisions, as well as how to avoid and/or address Fair Housing violations, voluntary compliance agreements, and special conditions that may be required by HUD or DOJ.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
· Understand Fair Housing laws and regulations that affect affordable housing programs
· Create and maintain processes, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance
· Identify and eliminate barriers to promote Fair Housing within the ever-changing regulatory environment
· Anticipate and avoid complaints and compliance issue
Who Should Attend?
· Executive Directors
· Deputy Executive Directors
· Supervisors of both Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher programs
· Property Managers
· Specialists of both Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher program