Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS)
The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Program is a critical and exciting component to the future of the Housing Choice Voucher/Public Housing Programs. You will gain or refresh your knowledge of the elements needed to create a successful and innovative FSS program, and discover how to be an effective and creative FSS coordinator or manager. Together we will explore best practices in case management, as well as learn how to create dynamic partnerships within your community to maximize the resources available to your participants. Finally, you will learn how to form a non-profit organization, including securing and enhancing future FSS funding. Come join us and get inspired to make a difference in the lives of those families you serve!
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
· Explore best practices in case management techniques, including how to identify individual participant needs and when to createthe Individual Training and Service Plan (ITSP).
· Identify strategies to design and develop an FSS program to meet the demands of your participants
· Discuss strategies to improve the image of the Housing Choice Voucher and Public Housing Programs through the FSS Program
· Learn to accurately calculate escrow credits
· Leverage community resources by creating a robust Program Coordinating Committee (PCC), and · Learn how to establish a non-profit organization to create self-sustaining support the FSS program operations
Who Should Attend?
· Executive Directors
· Senior/Key Management staff
· FSS Coordinators or Managers
· Individuals monitoring escrow accounts