RAD Project Based Rental Assistance (PBRA)
The Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) allows public housing authorities (PHAs) to convert their public housing properties to Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA) to preserve, improve, and redevelop this critical affordable housing stock.
This training focuses on the programmatic requirements and the regulatory and operational components of the RAD initiative. This course covers the fundamentals for public housing authorities of all sizes and serves as foundational guidance for commissioners and staff.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
· Differentiate between tenant based and project-based assistance
· Identify the selection, application, and conversion processes
· Understand and determine unit, occupancy, contract, payment, inspection, and plan requirements, including those for PHA owned units
Who Should Attend?
· Executive Directors
· Commissioners Development Staff
· Finance Staff
· Property Manaement Directors