RAD Project Based Vouchers (PBV)
Dive into Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) and Project-Based Voucher (PBV) programs in this training. It begins with an overivew of the basics of tenant-based vouchers and project-based vouchers. Participants will explore the differences between regular PBV and RAD PBV programs, including how Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) contracts work, how to determine eligibility and operate the waiting list, the basics of inspections, how units are leased, and how to to organize files. Participants will also review occupancy issues such as annual recertification, income increases, and terminations.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
· Explain the rules, regulations, policies and definitions of various programs
· Identify solutions and how they apply to regulations
· Understand the basics of the RAD and PBV programs
· Differentiate between TBV and PBV and well as PBV and RAD PBV
· Complete operational tasks like setting rents, creating PBV contracts, determining eligibility, operating the waiting list, conducting inspections, completing leasing, and managing files
· Understand occupancy issues like annual recertification, income increases, and terminations
Who Should Attend?
· Public Housing or Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) staff transitioning to the PBV program
· Anyone unfamiliar with RAD PBV