Transition to NSPIRE – What to expect with HUD inspections
HUD has begun a complete review and revamp of the Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) inspection protocols. The changes will affect Public Housing, Multifamily housing, and even the Housing Choice Voucher programs.
This training will prepare you for the implementation of NSPIRE (National Standards for the Physical Inspections of Real Estate). During this training, participants will learn about the new NSPIRE protocols, focusing on what NSPIRE is and looking at the new NSPIRE inspection standards. NSPIRE for the Housing Choice Voucher programs will also be discussed, including HUD’s new Remote Video Inspection protocol.
If you operate a Public Housing program or have recently gone through a RAD conversion, this session will provide a road map of your inspection responsibilities from today’s UPCS standards to the future NSPIRE standards.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
· Recognize the purpose for the new NSPIRE protocols
· Identify elements of the proposed NSPIRE rules and protocols for the Public Housing, Multifamily Housing, and Housing Choice Voucher programs, including the use of Remote Video inspections for the HCV program
Who Should Attend?
· PHA Leadership – Executive Director, Deputy Director
· Public Housing Operations and Maintenance Management
· Housing Choice Voucher Inspection Management
· Multifamily / Project-Based Rental Assistance Owners