August Recess Advocacy Kicks off!
EDITOR’S NOTE: On August 3, the title of this article was changed to reflect the start of the advocacy campaign. Send your letters!
D.C. humidity is rising and Congress is fleeing the city. That can only mean it’s almost August recess! In just a few days, lawmakers will officially leave Washington for the annual August recess, returning home to their states and districts to hear from constituents like you. Now more than ever, it is important that your voice is heard.
NAHRO has set an ambitious goal of sending 8,501 letters to Capitol Hill during August recess, and we need your help! Every Monday throughout the month, we’ll focus on a new topic for you to contact your elected representatives about:
- August 3: COVID-19
- August 10: Vouchers for all eligible
- August 17: Increase housing supply
- August 24: Increase access to resident services
- August 31: FY 2021 Transportation-HUD Funding
We’ve made it even easier for you to participate directly through your mobile phone. Download NAHRO’s new mobile Advocacy App today and send letters every week from your smartphone. Watch this instructional video on how to access the app.
To access the NAHRO app (only available to NAHRO members):
1. Visit your smartphone’s app store: either the Google Play Store (Android) or the Apple App Store (iPhone).
2. Search for “NAHRO Advocacy Action” in the app store.
3. Download and open the app.
4. Sign in. Your username will be your first name and last name (no space in between, not case sensitive) and password will be your last name (lowercase).
Don’t want to download the app? You can also send letters through NAHRO’s website at the Advocacy Action Center.