Matthew Desmond to Speak at 2023 Washington Conference!
It’s official! Sociologist, award-winning author, and affordable housing advocate Matthew Desmond will speak at this year’s Washington Conference, which takes place from March 22-24 at the Omni Shoreham hotel in Washington D.C.
Author of the seminal Evicted as well as head of Princeton University’s Eviction Lab, Desmond’s research reveals the impact of eviction on the lives of urban poor communities, and the strategies these struggling families use to survive. Over the span of four books, Desmond rose to fame and uses his platform to address racial and economic inequality in the housing industry.
Desmond has been listed among the Politico 50 as one of “fifty people across the country who are most influencing the national political debate.” With the upcoming release of his newest book “Poverty, by America,” Desmond continues to make waves amongst Housers and the affordable housing community!
Register now and lock in our special early-bird rate! Don’t miss this exciting plenary speaker, plus these many other Washington Conference events:
- Our up-to-the-minute Washington Update
- NAHRO’s Hill Day when we advocate for our programs and residents in the halls of Congress
- A celebration of our Awards of Excellence winners
- HUD policy and program updates
- Exciting guest speakers
- The winners of our Legislator of the Year awards
- The presentation of our What Home Means to Me poster calendar contest grand prize winner
- The highly anticipated Washington Reception
- And more!
We’ll also be kicking off a year-long celebration of NAHRO’s 90th anniversary – see you there!