PROVIDE ACCESS TO AFFORDABLE HOUSING TO ALL LOW-INCOME FAMILIES
Congress should work to ensure all eligible families receive housing assistance. Expanding the HCV program to everyone who is eligible through universal vouchers would greatly increase the number of families nationwide who would have access to affordable housing. Congress must fully fund administrative fees for PHAs operating HCV programs to ensure low-income families can find housing in tight rental markets nationwide. This will require ensuring accurate fair market rents to reflect rental increases. Fully funding Performance-Based Contract Administrators (PBCAs) is also critical to ensure families have access to affordable housing. NAHRO is proud to support our nation’s PBCAs who work to protect residents living in Project-Based Section 8-supported housing.
- Fully fund the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program and expand assistance through universal vouchers so that all who currently qualify for a voucher can receive one.
- Fully fund HCV administrative fees to ensure PHAs can help their residents find safe, secure housing in extremely tight rental markets across the country.
- Advocate for full renewal of Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA) funding and support housing agencies serving as Performance-Based Contract Administrators (PBCAs).
- Ensure all families have access to neighborhoods of opportunity through mobility programs and Enhanced Payment Standards.
- Continue to improve the accuracy of fair market rents (FMRs).
- Create a source-of-income discrimination law that would prohibit landlords from refusing to rent to voucher holders.