Board of Governors
The NAHRO Board of Governors is a necessary and great institution with a distinguished record of public and professional service. It is the policy-making body of NAHRO and is responsible for all major decisions of the Association. The Board’s principal activities include:
- Establish policy
- Set goals and objectives
- Approve annual and long-term financial and work plans
- Provide leadership and support to Association programs and policies
- Take action on the recommendations of the regions, chapters, national committees, and advisory committees
- The Board of Governors consists of: President, Senior Vice President, Vice Presidents with Portfolio, 3 Immediate Past Presidents, Regional Presidents, Immediate Past Regional Presidents, 16 Regional Members-at-Large and 3 Presidential Members-at-Large and Ex officio members: Chairs of BECT, Small Agency Advisory Committee, Legislative Network Advisory Committee, Strategic Planning Advisory Committee, Diversity Equity and Inclusion Advisory Committee, Housing America Advisory Committee, Business Partners Council Leader and Housing and Development Law Institute Representative.
- The parliamentarian will be appointed at the pleasure of the President.
The Steering Committee shall be available for consultation and advice as needed. The primary role of the Steering Committee is to carry out existing policy and to advise the President on action when there is no specific policy in place or when action is needed to be taken to change current policy. On some occasions, the Board may choose to authorize, in advance, the Steering Committee to act on its behalf on an issue, particularly if a decision is anticipated to be required between meetings of the Board. The following Board members serve on the Steering Committee: the President, the Senior Vice President, the Vice Presidents with portfolio, the three Immediate Past Presidents serving as members of the Board, and the Regional Presidents. Advisory Commitee Chairs and the Parliamentarian serve as non-voting members.
Next meeting: Board of Governors and Annual Meeting – November 9, 2020