Why Join NAHRO
For more than 85 years, the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials has represented the needs and interests of individuals and organizations working in the housing and community development field. NAHRO fights to secure needed housing and community development resources, represents its members at HUD and on the Hill, and provides its members with the information, analysis and training they need to provide affordable housing in sustainable communities.
More Effective Advocacy
Stand with your colleagues in the industry to enable NAHRO to better represent your views on critical issues that affect everyone in the housing and community development/redevelopment field.
More member agencies and associates mean more clout at HUD and on Capitol Hill! Your NAHRO membership unites you with more than 19,000 members—the largest and most effective network of housing and community development professionals.
The Professional Support You Need to Excel
- Stay up-to-date on federal and legislative issues with the NAHRO Monitor and Direct News emails.
- Receive expert analysis and insight with NAHRO’s policy publications and in the Journal of Housing and Community Development.
- Take part in a prestigious awards program that recognizes and inspires excellence and innovation in the affordable housing and community development industry.
- Meet and build relationships with other leaders in your field at national and regional conferences.
- Take advantage of discounts on in-depth seminars, professional development training, and publications specifically designed to meet your needs.
- Tap into the collective wisdom and experience of your colleagues nationwide with the members-only Best Practices Database – a compendium of innovative projects and best practices in the housing and community development field.
- Build your staff’s knowledge and skills through the Benefit Recipients/Associates program. Agency and organization members can now designate staff to receive NAHRO emails, discounts, and benefits at no charge. NAHRO Benefit Recipients/Associates can also vote in NAHRO elections and serve on committees.