- More than 17,000 individual members and associates.
- More than 2,500 agency members (including housing authorities, CD departments, redevelopment agencies, affiliates, and complimentary memberships)
NAHRO members own or administer:
- More than 921,000 units of public housing (a vast majority of the nation’s inventory)
- Nearly 1,600,000 units of tenant-based Section 8 housing
- More than 233,000 units of other assisted housing
To be the leading housing and community development association that inspires the creation of strong and sustainable communities.
This is what we stand for. It’s what we devote ourselves to, every day, for our members.
NAHRO is committed to diversity. We recognize and value the rich and varied experiences and world views of groups and individuals, and how these provide the potential for greater creativity and innovation. We also value the essential points of view that arise from our differences in organizational size and geographic place. By respecting race, religion, skin color, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical abilities, age, work and behavioral styles as well as the perspectives of each individual as shaped by environment and experiences, NAHRO remains vigilant in our efforts to appreciate diversity and its implications. At all levels, NAHRO will cultivate a culture in which each individual is welcomed, respected, supported and valued as a member.
Professional Code of Conduct
Every NAHRO individual member or associate, allied individual member, and those certified through one of NAHRO’s Credentialing programs, must live and work by NAHRO’s Code of Professional Conduct.