Housing Quality Standards (HQS) w/ Certification Exam
Description: Improve the level of your HCV and PBV/Section 8 Housing Inspections and meet SEMAP requirements. Develop or fine-tune related work skills, review procedures and forms affecting standards, and learn how to evaluate your current operations to identify strengths and challenges. The NAHRO Certified Specialist of Inspection - Housing Quality Standards (CSI-HQS) Certification Exam is offered on the last day of the seminar.
Who Should Attend: Section 8 Housing Inspectors, Preventative Maintenance Inspectors, and new and seasoned inspectors.
Through expert instruction, you will learn to conduct a thorough inspection to illustrate (or rediscover) details that must be observed in order to identify actions to be takend. Specific topics to be addressed are:
- Section 8 Pre-Inspection and Inspection Preparation and Procedures
- Negotiation and Arbitration—How to Successfully Come to Agreement with Landlords and Residents
- Problem Solving and Conflict Resolution
- Consistency—How to Pass Inspections, Even When HUD Arrives for a Surprise Review
- Reinspection—How to Avoid Pitfalls
Schedule & Agenda:
Day 1: 8:00am - 8:30am - Check In Day 1: 8:30am - 4:30pm - Training Day 2: 8:30am - 4:30pm - Training Day 3: 8:30am - 2:30pm - Training Day 3: 2:30pm - 4:30pm - Certification Exam
NAHRO Continuing Education Units (CEU's) Training Completion = 1.75 Certification Exam = 0.20 Total = 1.95
Please visit our Training Calendar to register for the next available session.
For more information please contact the NAHRO Professional Development team at (877) 866-2476 or ProfessionalDevelopment@nahro.org
- About Us
- Trainings & Services
- Training Calendar
- Training Centers
- Meet Our Faculty
- Meet Our Staff
- Request a Training
- Certification Exams & Proficiency Tests
- NAHRO Certification™
- Administrative Access Only