Public Housing Eligibility, Income and Rent Calculation (PHEIR)
Public Housing compliance is key for building trust with applicants, residents, the community, and HUD. This training provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to evaluate program eligibility, determine and verify income and expenses, and accurately calculate rents for the Public Housing program.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
· Effectively interview applicants and residents
· Verify and calculate income and expenses to determine eligibility
· Accurately calculate tenant rent · Prepare for RIM reviews
· Avoid common errors and HUD compliance finding
Who should attend?
· Employees determining applicant or resident eligibility and/or calculating rent
· Property/Asset managers
· Supervisors and managers of employees responsible for
managing property assets and performing certification and recertification tasks