Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS)
Get the knowledge and skills needed to properly inspect Public Housing Agency (PHA) Program units. This interactive and comprehensive training reviews the requirements and indicators of the Public Housing Assessment System (PHAS), the connection between Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS) and Physical Assessment Subsystem (PASS) scores and the inspector’s roles and responsibilities.
Participants will enhance their UPCS and PHAS knowledge and improve their ability to meet the challenges, requirements and procedures required of UPCS inspection standards.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
· Recognize the inspector’s roles and responsibilities
· Identify the skills necessary for inspecting public housing sites and dwelling units
· Determine how proper inspection work skills can increase a housing agency’s capacity to meet its mission to provide safe housing
· Identify the relationship between UPCS, PASS and PHAS and how they changed with the implementation of the Asset Management Model
· Apply UPCS procedures and complete inspection forms
· Evaluate and improve their agency’s current inspection procedures, including the identification of strengths, weaknesses, growth potential, and identify goals and solve problems related to conducting UPCS inspections
Who should attend?
· Housing & Preventative Maintenance inspectors
· Property/Asset Managers
· Housing Managers and Directors