How to Effectively Manage Your Maintenance Program
Are you responsible for verifying asset conditions and managing a maintenance program at your housing organization? Regardless of housing type, managing maintenance staff, programs, budgets, and outcomes is a challenging job—and we have a brand-new course to help you successfully manage your maintenance program.
Proactively and efficiently managing your maintenance program is key to preserving your housing assets, ensuring compliance, and meeting your organization’s strategic goals.
This training will provide Maintenance Supervisors, Property Managers, and other housing staff with the essential knowledge and skills to create and implement maintenance plans that will achieve property goals, preserve housing assets, and effectively manage day-to-day operations.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Assess their real estate portfolio, plan for asset and equipment replacement, and develop strategies to meet executive vision and owner’s and stakeholders’ objectives (OSO) for each property
- Develop property level maintenance plans and key performance indicators towards achieving OSO
- Recall the roles and responsibilities of maintenance supervisors/managers
- Examine the technical and resource management skills necessary for effective maintenance program management
- Recognize and apply strategies for effective employee supervision
- Identify and prioritize key day-to-day maintenance functions and their impact on asset preservation
- Demonstrate the ability to assess and prioritize property needs and develop a plan, with SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, timeframe) goals to effectively manage and maintain high quality housing assets
Who should attend?
- Maintenance Supervisors/Managers
- Asset Managers
- Property Management Directors
- Asset Management Directors
- Employees working to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to effectively manage a housing maintenance program
- Public Housing managers
- Affordable Housing managers
- LIHTC or other housing program managers
- Anyone responsible for the hiring and supervision of a maintenance program