Are you researching and/or reporting on affordable housing and community development (HCD) issues? NAHRO staff can provide information on and analysis of HCD legislation and programs. Our members are also experienced practitioners and innovators in their communities, and can provide case studies, best practices and perspectives. While NAHRO may not always have an official position on a given issue, we can always provide background information on:
- HUD-administered programs, including:
- Public Housing
- Housing Choice Vouchers/Section 8
- The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- The HOME Investment Partnership program
- Family Self Sufficiency programs
- HOPE VI
- The Rental Assistance Demonstration
- The Moving to Work Demonstration
- The Low Income Housing Tax Credit and related tax credit programs
- Federal budget appropriations issues impacting housing and community development
- And more.
Press ReleasesMember Content
Discussions between House, Senate, and White House leadership have continued all week, but no deal has been reached on additional COVID-19 relief. Continue to put pressure on Washington to reach […]
Today, NAHRO kicks off August advocacy with an incredibly important topic: COVID-19 emergency relief. Despite months of stalled negotiations and expired benefits, little progress has been made toward the passage […]
HUD released two notices detailing the requirements for accessing Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act funding for the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program.
NAHRO has set an ambitious goal of sending 8,501 letters to Capitol Hill during August recess, and we need your help!
In response to President Trump’s July 29 tweet regarding low-income housing, NAHRO CEO Adrianne Todman said: “While I am not surprised by this message, I am upset that so many […]