Housing Quality Standards (HQS)
Please note: HQS inspections can still be completed up until October 1, 2023. The effective date of NSPIRE-V is October 1, 2023 and at this point HQS will fully transition to NSPIRE-V.
NAHRO will be developing trainings in NSPIRE-V once more information is released by HUD.
Looking to effectively and efficiently complete your HQS inspections? Inspections play a huge role in the leasing and recertification process. You’ll learn all you need to plan, prep, and conduct your inspections, as well as how to communicate with residents and landlords about inspection related matters.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify Section 8 pre-inspection and inspection preparation and procedures
- Successfully work with landlords and residents
- Improve problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Accurately conduct HQS inspections
- Identify and avoid common inspection pitfalls and HUD findings
Who should attend?
- Section 8 Housing and other housing inspectors
- Supervisors and managers of employees assigned to complete HQS inspections
|In-Person: 3 Days|
Online: 18 Hours