Procurement & Contract Management
Maintaining a procurement program that complies state law and federal regulations can be challenging. It requires an understanding of the regulations, laws and agency policies as well how to manage contracts awarded by the agency. This training will cover procurement standards, methods of procurement, HUD required regulatory documents, types of contracts, roles and responsibilities of the contracting officer, procurements that require HUD approval, documenting procurement actions, price and cost analysis, Section 3 as well as doing business with MBE , WBE and Resident Owned Businesses.
Procurement and contracts can be high-risk areas for your agency. This training will help you ensure your procurement efforts and contracts are effective, competitive and compliant.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Apply basic procurement requirements to administer a compliant program
- Conduct fair and competitive procurements
- Effectively plan for your agency’s procurement and contract needs
- Promote and increase work with Section 3 and Women and Minority Businesses (W/MBE)
- Identify best practices for documentation and contract filing systems
- Effectively administer your contacts to ensure your agency maximizes its dollars and resources
Who should attend?
- Procurement staff
- Contract Administrators
- Property/Asset Managers
- Maintenance Supervisors/Directors
- Capital Fund Managers
|In-Person: 2.5 Days|
Online: 12 Hours