Are you responsible for verifying asset conditions and managing a maintenance program at your housing agency or organization? Managing the maintenance staff, programs, budgets, and outcomes is a challenging job, and we have a brand-new course to help you ensure you’re ready to successfully manage your maintenance program.
Proactively, effectively, and efficiently managing your maintenance program is key to preserving housing assets, ensuring compliance, and meeting your organization’s strategic goals, regardless of program or subsidy type.
This training will provide Maintenance Supervisors, Property Managers, and other key staff with the essential knowledge and skills to identify property goals and needs, ensure preventative maintenance is performed, manage day-to-day operations, supervise and train employees, and create and implement an effective maintenance plan.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
• Assess their real estate portfolio, each property’s life-cycle stage, and develop an executive vision and owner’s and stakeholders’ objectives (OSO) for each property
• Develop a maintenance management plan and key performance indicators towards achieving OSO
• Recall the roles and responsibilities of maintenance supervisors/managers • Determine the technical and resource management skills
necessary for effective maintenance program management
• Recognize and apply strategies for effective employee supervision
• Identify key day-to-day maintenance functions and their impact of asset preservation
• Demonstrate the ability to assess and prioritize property needs; to develop a plan, with SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, timeframe) goals to effectively manage and maintain high quality housing asset
Who should attend?
· Maintenance Supervisors/Managers
· Asset Managers
· Property Management Directors
· Asset Management Directors
· Employees working to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to effectively manage a housing maintenance program.
· Public Housing managers
· Affordable Housing managers
· LIHTC or other housing program managers
· Anyone responsible for the hiring and supervision of a maintenance program