Commissioners’ Guide to Monitoring & Oversight
This class is perfect for you if you have completed NAHRO’s Commissioners’ Fundamentals or are looking for recertification opportunities.
Take a deeper dive into the monitoring and oversight functions of housing agencies. You’ll enhance your understanding of agency programs, policies, and budgets, while you learn more about ensuring your agency is on the right track and helping your agency achieve its mission and goals.
This course covers the importance of a commissioners’ involvement in strategic planning and the benefits this activity has in shaping the future of the agency and its ability to meet the unique needs of their community.
Join us to build your skills and comfort with all those acronyms and complex things going on in your agency.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Explore key financial documents and information
- Set a vision and strategies for agency success through strategic planning
- Identify the board’s role in policy development
- Determine key performance indicators for housing programs
Who should attend?
- Board chairs
- Executive leaders and CEOs
- Staff members