Ethics for Housing Professionals (Previously Ethics for Specialists)
This training provides a broad introduction for housing and community development employees on the importance of ethics in the housing industry. We will explore the impacts of ethical decision making and learn how ethical behavior benefits housing professionals, organizations, and the industry.
Participants will review common housing scenarios to identify ethical dilemmas and conflicts of interest, explore strategies to avoid them, and connect NAHRO’s Code of Professional Conduct to their everyday work.
This training satisfies the requirements to obtain many of NAHRO’s certifications. Complete requirements may be found at www.nahro.org/certifications.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Explore the impacts of ethics in the affordable housing & community development industry.
- Define ethics and conflicts of interests.
- Identify ethical dilemmas and conflicts of interests and apply strategies to avoid them.
- Apply ethical principles to decision-making.
Who should attend?
- All front-line housing professionals
- Office staff
- HCV specialists
- Eligibility staff
- Contract administrators
- Resident services
- FFS staff
- Other affordable housing and community development staff