FSS: A Holistic Approach to Client Engagement
FSS is a program that was created to assist residents in creating goals and objectives over a 5 to 7 year period. During the case management process, at times caseworkers may understand the foundation of the program but need some training on how to connect with residents and create relationships within the community. This course reviews program requirements and provides an interactive course on engagement with residents and their families to introduce or enhance various skills such as motivational interviewing, how to pivot, SMART goal setting and trauma informed care skills. In addition on how to engage the communities and agencies to provided resources for the FSS program being implemented.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the foundation of FSS.
- Understand how interacting with clients can affect overall program progress.
- Develop ways to engage with clients through goal setting through motivational interviewing and trauma informed care.
- Caseworker and related staff will be able to view the client’s goals holistically and be guided on how to create successful FSS program.
Who Should Attend?
- FSS staff and supervisors
- Mobility and/or ROSS program staff, including any staff interacting with clients on a caseworker capacity.