FSS: A Holistic Approach to Client Engagement
This training will encompass client assessment, goal setting and effective case management. Exploring various models to setting goals with participants and effectively creating and laying them out in the Individual Training and Services Plan. We will discuss strategies to effectively engaging with participants through active listening exercises, skills and learning.
We will focus on building staff skills through education, developing techniques to apply motivational interviewing and trauma informed care.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Know the regulations and goals of the FSS program
- Effectively recruit participants
- Develop techniques to effectively assess clients
- Identify client barriers and match with appropriate resources
- Apply motivational interviewing techniques
- Learn the different goal setting strategies
- Support clients in setting holistic goals
- Be able to build successful client relationships
- Effectively case manage and apply the principles of Trauma Informed care
Who Should Attend?
- FSS Coordinators
- Case Managers