Nuts and Bolts of Service Coordination
There are many training courses that focus on regulations, policies, and procedures. What has been missing (and what is often asked for) is a “how to” training with opportunities for skill building and here it is! To bridge this gap, this course has been designed by and for service coordinators including FSS, ROSS, Continuum of Care and other service coordination programs to fill this need.
We know the skill sets required to build case management or coaching relationships with our program participants are divergently different than those required of other housing authority staff. In this course you will learn case management essentials, the art of developing community resources and collaborations as well as how to utilize client centered communication techniques in developing a successful relationship with your clients. This will be an interactive training. Be ready to “roll up your sleeves” and “get your hands dirty”. Learn and apply new skills and techniques to manage your service coordination program.
Definition of “Nuts and Bolts”:
1: the working parts or elements
2: the practical workings of a machine or enterprise as opposed to theoretical considerations or speculative possibilities-
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Be “People Focused/Client Centered”.
- Define Self Sufficiency utilizing global and local perspectives.
- Quantify individual requirements to become Self Sufficient and/or “age in place.”
- Identify your role and limitations in the case management/coaching process.
- Know when to call in the experts and how to find them.
- Assess participants’ needs and strengths utilizing Motivational and Strengths Based Interviewing techniques.
- Identify Executive Functioning skill levels of their clients and develop strategies to increase underutilized skills while encouraging use of high functioning skills on obtaining goals.
- Turn client assessments into clear concise goals and measurable activities, as well as monitor and manage goals.
- Identify and coordinate resources and referrals.
- Know when the contract is completed.
Who should attend?
- FSS Coordinators
- ROSS Coordinators
- JOBS Plus Coordinators
- Any Service Coordinator or manager or service coordinators
|In Person: 1.5 days
Online: 9 Hours